Acknowledging the Elephants: Things Nobody Wants to Talk About
If you have followed me for a while, you know that I believe in speaking what's on my heart and mind. If you're new to the blog (so glad to have you, by the way!), I dive into hard topics sometimes because I believe God wants me (and YOU) to speak up, even when it's painful.
Throughout your life, you may have heard one or more of the following myths about childhood trauma:
- Myth #1: Time will heal all wounds.
- Myth #2: Ignoring it will make it go away.
- Myth #3: You just have to toughen up and move on.
Sometimes it would seem so much easier to do what everyone has always done and pretend it didn't happen. But I knew God was calling me to speak up.
Here's the truth: God wants to set you free from the trauma you have experienced. And, it starts with leaning into hard things and choosing to have the courage to face them.
In my new podcast episode 37, I share more of what God's been doing in my personal life and let you in on how God has shown up and showed out when I made the decision to take obedient action when it would have seemed easier to stay silent. This will give you encouragement, guidance, and hope as you move forward toward saying yes to what God is asking you to do.
In this episode, we will talk about:
- What it looks like to lean into God and surrender to trust Him in hard things when you don't want to
- Childhood Trauma including sexual abuse, grooming, and the cycle in families that keeps repeating
- Speaking up even when you are worried someone can't handle it
- Becoming free so we can help others become free
- Creating space to process, rest, and take care of yourself while in the midst of hard seasons
What is God asking you to do that you are afraid to say yes to?
Do you want to say yes to what God is calling you to do but need support? This is exactly what we do in my Breakthrough Challenge. For 6 months, you get personal 1 on 1 support from me and fellow Challengers to walk out those God-given dreams and goals. Learn more about that here.
Did you know you don't have to know what you need help with to book a call with me? Most of my clients have no idea what they need when they reach out. They just know they don't want to stay where they are. Be courageous and book a consult!
Book a call & let's chat! https://calendly.com/melissabattcoaching/30min
Want to know more about how to do a life audit? Click here